AMC Online’s recent approach towards Server Virtualization
AMC Online’s Virtualization Implementation process started few days ago. After testing for few days, today we replaced the first pair of servers with Server Virtualization.
Soon we will be implementing Server Virtualization in all our branch offices & remote locations.
- Server Consolidation and Infrastructure Optimization: Virtualization makes it possible to achieve significantly higher resource utilization by pooling common infrastructure resources and breaking the legacy “one application to one server” model.
- Physical Infrastructure Cost Reduction: With virtualization, you can reduce the number of servers and related IT hardware in the data center. This leads to reductions in real estate, power and cooling requirements, resulting in significantly lower IT costs.
- Improved Operational Flexibility & Responsiveness: Virtualization offers a new way of managing IT infrastructure and can help IT administrators spend less time on repetitive tasks such as provisioning, configuration, monitoring and maintenance.
- Increased Application Availability & Improved Business Continuity: Eliminate planned downtime and recover quickly from unplanned outages with the ability to securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service.
- Improved Desktop Manageability & Security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that end users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
VMware: Setting the Standard for Virtualization
As the global leader in virtual infrastructure technology, VMware is committed to helping organizations large and small to increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of their IT operations. VMware solutions are used by more than 20,000 IT organizations worldwide—including all of the Fortune 100—to solve a variety of complex business challenges.